Monday, December 27, 2004

My (International) Christmas Evening

Here I am...again in a English version! Be careful…I’m getting used to it!
This post is to tell how my Christmas day was. Just one word and I could tell everything: different!
In 24th morning I went to meet someone very special…a Portuguese girl (the only Portuguese girl I meet besides Mísia!)…Susana. We were planning to meet each other about two weeks ago, but only in this day it was possible. We came to my Dormitory (must known 5th floor in Gutzkowstr.) to prepare some food for the Christmas dinner, like Profiteroles, Ananas Cake, meat on oven and rice…hum! At 18h started to arrive everybody: 2 Chinese, 3 Indian and 6 South-Corean.



All of them brought typical food from their country and was such a mix of smell and taste…but for me was better than go to a Restaurant. We had high quality, food self-made, a lot of joy and lot of English in spite of German. Actually was nothing german in this Christmas…no blonds, no blue-eyes, no German…ok, was Glühwein in the table, the only german thing we had :)





We ate everything we could because everything was fantastic and I was thinking that I maybe I would never have this opportunity to eat such an exotic food, like seaweeds, giant mushrooms brought from China, super-spiced Indian food but very great!
I’ve missed my friends from the corridor…I’ve missed a lot my family…but was some kind of my choice to stay here and in January I’m back in Portugal. But I can tell…this Christmas was very special for me, was the first time I taught Domino to Adult people…was so funny! But funny funny was the cards game we played called Peixinho…a game I thought it was only for my cousins play.

The night was not so long and now I need to do some work before my sister and my friend come. I was trying to do something in my room, but I couldn’t … today I woke up early to study in a good Porto way: in a coffee; and I cross the city trough a lot of snow…was fantastic!!! There’s a picture from my window really in morning and the next is the way I make everyday.







Was so beautiful…I love snow!

No comments: